Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wow...

Today I had my very last appointment with my OBGYN until the surgery. He gave us the run down on the entire deal along with having me sign the surgery waiver forms etc. I actually have ONE more appointment next week before the surgery with one of his partners since my Doctor will be on vacation but then that is it! Baby day is Wednesday September 23rd. I check into the hospital at 5:30am and then the actual surgery is scheduled for 7:30am.

The realization that it is really this close is very daunting. I am trying to relax my mind and just not think about it until I have to or I will make myself go crazy(ier). I also had another chat with the OB about the pain pills and everything is fine. I am going to stop taking them all together in a week.

Deep breaths....

3 comments:

Missy said...

My second was also planned and I really enjoyed having everything planned out so well! I didn't panic til the anesthesiologist came to give me my spinal. Which btw is SOOOO much better than an epidural!!! And you come out of it 1000% better and easier!! GL Can't wait to hear all about Lily!!

Waxing and Waning said...

That is reassuring to hear! The number one thing that scares me is the Anesthesia. The epidural was not enough for me during surgery and the whole thing was just awful.

I think I will be fine until I actually have to change my clothes and start getting poked then I will freak out.

Thank you!

Missy said...

yup...they first put an IV in to get a couple bags of fluid in you before you get wheeled to the OR...and the spinal takes effect within seconds of the shot...it's wild actually!! They told me it would be quick and I scoffed and immediately said "omg you're not kidding!!!"
When I had the epidural for my first, I felt everything during the c-section...but with the spinal, I felt NOTHING!!! It was awesome!!