Saturday, September 26, 2009

First day home

We were released from the hospital on Saturday afternoon which was very welcomed. Poor Morgan was at the end of his baby patience in regards to Steve and I being gone. When we got home he started crying and just clung to Steve and then to me and then back to Steve. It was so sad and it made me cry a little too. I felt so bad for him having to go so long without us and not understanding why. He is relaxing back to normal though. Sunday we decided to have no visitors and made it just us all day so there would be no stress on Morgan thinking we were going to leave again. Steve discovered also that Morgan is cutting a big molar in the back of his mouth so that is definitely not helping matters.

Lily is doing perfect. She is such a sweet and calm baby. She seems absolutely relaxed in my arms and it's hard not to cuddle her constantly. I will admit I have been cuddling her non-stop since we got home. :) I have a couple days of cuddling to catch up on though. It is so amazingly wonderful to have her here. After all the initial stress at the hospital I am ready to enjoy these first precious weeks with her. I am pretty shocked actually on how smoothly everything is going so far. It just seems so much easier this time around. I am not completely stressed out and I am able to really appreciate and enjoy this time with Lily.

I can't get over how small she is even though she is the same size Morgan was when he was born she seems so tiny. The pictures do not accurately depict her size, she looks much larger in the pictures than in real life.

Here are a few pictures from Saturday and Sunday.

Lily face 4 days old

Lily yawn 4 days old

Lily 4 days old

Morgan and Lily


1 comment:

Missy said...

She is just precious!!!
Congrats!!! It truly is much easier the second time around! the first child is made of Wedgewood and the second is made of Tupperware!