Monday, September 7, 2009

Inglemoor Cooperative Preschool

Right after we had Morgan, Kathy, Steve's mom, kept recommending taking Morgan to a Co-op Preschool. I had looked around at several, but none of the ones I looked at appealed to me until a friend of ours on Facebook recommended this awesome looking one in Kirkland...

http://www.inglemoorcooperativepreschool.org/Index.html
(for some reason blogger isn't letting me make this a click through link..so if you want to check it out copy and paste)

It looks really nice and their Philosophy of learn through play is right in sync with our way of thinking and parenting thus far. It is very affordable and it starts September 14th so we still have time to enroll. My only concern is the fact that I will have a newborn at home that Morgan may bring illness home to. With the Swine Flu scare going around it worries me. I think I am going to call the Pediatrician and see what they recommend. Steve doesn't want to let the Swine Flu scare us into not participating in life activities yet I am much more paranoid and would rather us all just stay locked inside until next year. ;) hahaha. I wish.

Aside from the illness worry, I am really excited to get him in. The classes look really fun and enriching.

In other Morgan related news, we have officially weened him from the bottle to the sippy cup. He originally started drinking from the sippy cup once we bought these awesome Nuby ones a friend suggested that have a soft tip, but he still wanted his bottle. Who knew all it would take was putting warm water in the bottle and milk in the sippy cup and letting him choose. Haha. As Steve put it best it only took once for the evil bottle to betray him with warm water for him to completely accept the sippy cup full of milk as his new friend. We also switched him to rice milk because first, there is a slight estrogen worry about too much soy and secondly, the soy milk we had him on was causing him major gas. I mean major gas!!! Ewww. Since he has been drinking the rice milk it virtually went away over night.

Next on our list is the dreaded binky. We only give it to him at nap time and at night time so we are slowly working on removing it all together. It's going to be a tough one.

No comments: