Friday, September 18, 2009

Last Days...

Yesterday I had my official last OB appointment until the surgery on Wednesday. My blood pressure was high which is very unusual for me. The doctor seemed concerned and wants me to go check it at the pharmacy every day. We think it is because I am off the pain pills and the excessive amount of pain I am in now is making my BP rise. Other than that everything looks good. Monday I go in for blood work and then Wednesday I go to the hospital at 5:30am! UGh.

This morning we went swimming with Fred at the Lynnwood pool and then went and had lunch at Than Brothers and had yummy veggie Pho'. Morgan loved the Pho' and the cream puffs. :) He made a giant mess and I seriously felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack over it. I know babies make messes at restaurants, but I get paranoid like maybe that is not acceptable and I shouldn't let it happen which is impossible. I remember when he was a newborn I was frightened to take him anywhere in case he started crying, well I got over that after a while so is this just one of those things I will get over too? or what? Is it okay to take your toddler to a restaurant and feed them with a mess on the floor beneath them? Steve and I picked up as much as we could, but I still felt terrible and felt like people were thinking we were bad patrons.

Anyway, besides my crazy neuroses it was adorable to watch him eat the Pho'. You will notice he is brushing his hair with the basil. The funniest thing is on our way out to the car I noticed he had taken one of the big plastic soup spoons! Fred was nice and took it back to the restaurant for us. ;) Here are some pics from lunch!





4 comments:

Missy said...

You're looking good for one week left!!!

Waxing and Waning said...

Hahah, yeah I wish that is how good I looked right now.;) That is actually my sister-in-law holding Morgan. I will have to post some maternity photos soon. :) Thank you though!

Kelly said...

Of course it's all right for babies to make a mess at a restaurant, that's what tipping is all about! I clean up as best I can and then leave a big tip, they never seem to mind and Pudd makes a huge mess frequently, but it is getting better as he gets older. I am so happy you will be in less pain soon!

Waxing and Waning said...

Ok, sounds like we did the right thing. We cleaned up and left a good tip. I need to relax more. I just hate people staring and thinking we are bad parents or something.