Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The weekend update

Saturday it was so beautiful out we packed the kids up and did a little shopping and then tried going to Mukilteo beach, but after 5 or 6 times around the jam-packed parking lot we gave up and headed back to Marysville and went to Jennings Park. Morgan ran around with Steve while Lily eagerly watched all the action from the stroller. Morgan is so friendly he just goes right up to strangers like everyone is there to see him.

Steve made the ultimate naptime mistake with Morgan and put him to bed in only a diaper. Well, the diaper came off and Morgan fell asleep in the buff and wet the bed. Fortunately, I got a great photo of him sleeping naked and why wait 12 years to embarass him when I can do it now?! (ooooh also you can't see it that well but he is laying on his new, well new to him, sesame street sheets Steve had when he was a kid! Thank you Kathy!)



Lily at the park looking pretty!


This smile makes Steve laugh every time he sees it. I think it's a bit scary, but it's really the first grin we have ever gotten on camera. Thank you Lily!

Lily Crazy face

Here she is watching all the kids on the playground. She was squaking so loud and kicking her arms and legs it was hard to take pictures. She wants to play sooo bad.



Sunday, Grandma Kathy came over and babysat so Steve and I could get out and have fun before my surgery on Tuesday. We went to the belt Sushi place again and it was soooo delicious. Avatar was sold out again at IMAX so instead we went to the Edmonds waterfront and poked around. It was stunning out so I convinced Steve to let me shoot the sunset from the Edmonds Fishing Pier. It was a spectacular sunset. I am not too impressed with any of my photos though. After that on our way home we drove past the GIANT PCC in Edmonds and had to make a stop there. It was like grocery heaven for vegetarians! We bought a bunch of deli stuff for dinner and lunches since our kitchen is still torn apart.


This heron scared me to death. We were walking back to the car and it was standing next to some bird sculptures and I thought it was a sculpture too until it ruffled its feathers and made me jump! We had already put away my tripod so it's not that great of quality due to low light. I tried to get the tripod out after I realized it was too low light, but the bugger flew away! Bad Bird! 

Tricky heron

This photo should really be clicked on and seen in the large or original size on flickr. It's not meant to be viewed this small. Again, I am not that happy with the quality. I should have lowered the shutter speed some to make the water more smooth. I am not really into this kind of photography. I would rather be doing portraits or elaborate studio shots like movie stills.

Edmonds ferry

No comments: