Saturday, October 3, 2009

Miss Lilian...

Well, in her short 10 days of life she decidedly has major opinions about things. For instance, the second she wets her diaper there is a major outburst of crying until it's changed. Seriously, one drop of pee and it MUST be changed immediately! Steve and I were joking around today saying forget the college fund it's all going to be spent on diapers. She also prefers to be held. I can't complain about that because when we brought her home a week ago I held her constantly. So, it's probably my fault, but we are sort of in line with the attachment parenting philosophy as far as that goes anyway. She also doesn't like the pacifier and will not take it which is actually a blessing really because now we don't have to worry about that later.

The other night I was holding Lily in the living room and I told Morgan to give her kisses and he came up to her with his mouth wide open and slobbered all over her cheek, it was so cute! He did it several more times after that too. He is very interested in her, but right now she is mainly in the bedroom with me as I heal and he is out in the living room so not much contact has been established yet.

I mustered enough energy yesterday to attempt a photoshoot with her. It was a lot of work and pretty stressful. Shooting newborns is hard work. Steve and I are going to try again tonight, but with some new tricks up our sleeves. We will see how it goes. Luckily out of all the trouble Steve and I went through yesterday with the photoshoot I was able to get a few good ones. The last photo I posted of her I wasn't exactly happy about and I am re-editing it so you will probably see it pop up again. My favorite photo I shot yesterday I edited it in color and a sort of desaturated sepia tone, but can't decide which I like better so I am going to post both and let you decide.

Lily 9 days old...

Lily 9 days old color

Lily 9 days old

Here is the re-edited photo I mentioned...

Lily 9 days old Color

No comments: