Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lily is now 8 days old. Things are going really well. There is nothing more peaceful in this world than holding a newborn. Luckily child birth is something I don't want to experience ever again or I could see myself having a whole litter of these things running around. ;) She is such a sweet baby. The only time she cries is when she is hungry or when her diaper is wet and she lets us know right when her diaper is wet. Apparently she doesn't like it at all and as such we are going through diapers at a record pace. Her cry is so soft too, I remember Morgan being really loud, but when she opens her mouth sometimes there is no sound at first and then a light soft crying follows. We are going to do a photo shoot tonight to get some newborn shots.


Steve and I are both exhausted of course for different reasons. Morgan is keeping Steve quite busy as he has now become fond of crawling up onto the couch and then onto the end table to escape past the baby gate. Steve literally cannot leave him for a second because he immediately tries to do this little stunt. We are not quite sure what to do about it. We are thinking about baby proofing the dining room and kitchen so he has more space to wander through, but we are not completely comfortable with that idea yet. I guess it has to happen sometime.

I am healing pretty well, my leg is luckily getting better from the whole spinal ordeal and my incision looks amazingly good. My back hurts pretty bad as does the incision, but I have to keep reminding myself it's only been a week and the healing time is 6 -8 weeks. Ice packs are my best friend right now.

On Tuesday we took Lily to her first doctor check-up and it went great! It was the first time we all went out as a family which was quite the production. Poor Steve! Anyway, we are now seeing a male doctor who has been with the Everett Clinic for 31 years. He is sort of a crotchety old man, but in a good way that makes me feel like Lily is getting really good care from a very experienced Pediatrician. He said she looked perfectly healthy and she even gained back all the weight newborns initially lose after being born which really is no surprise because she eats a full 2 oz bottle every 1.5-2 hours plus whatever small amount she is getting from the breast.

Yesterday, Steve took Morgan to his toddler class for the first time all by himself and apparently it went really well. All the moms were very accepting of him being there as well as several of the boy toddlers who decided to hang with him for a lot of the play time. Morgan was much more adventurous this time around and had a lot of fun.

Now for a bunch of random photos from the past week...













1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh I LOVE the one of Morgan and Lily with their heads together...SO cute!