Saturday, October 17, 2009

Before and After

The other night Steve and I decided to do a photoshoot of Lily in the bedroom and set up the studio lighting around the bed. This was supposed to make it easier for me since it's still hard for me to move, but this turned out to be a terrible idea for many reasons. The most important reason being the lighting was impossible to get right with a giant bed in the way. None of the pictures came out right and it was a big waste of energy and time. I decided to mess with one of my test shots and was actually pleasantly surprised by the end result with minimal editing in PS. I decided I would share the before and after so you can get an idea of how amazing PS really is. If I had not shot in RAW I highly doubt I could have saved this image.

Again, this was a test shot and Steve wasn't even supposed to be in the picture I was just trying to get my lighting and exposure correct which explains why he looks a little disheveled.

BEFORE

Steve and Lily BEFORE


AFTER

Steve and Lily AFTER

No comments: