Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Everett Arboretum...

Yesterday after Steve was done with work we dressed the kids up and took them to the Arboretum for pictures and fresh air. Lily hasn't really had many chances to run free yet and boy did she run! She was a free bird the whole time we were there. She got muddy and wet and dirty. The best part was watching both Lily and Morgan run around together. It was almost surreal. I know I see it in the house, but outside watching them explore together was a completely new experience. Life is good.

FYI:  If you click on a picture it will open a larger version of it for your viewing pleasure.


I did two versions of this image. I think it looks better with the vintage light above, but it's a hard call.


The Arboretum put in these beautiful concrete, pebble paths. I want them in my yard! 


It took a lot to get this shot. Steve likes to call it cat herding. It's almost impossible to get a 1 year old and a 2 year old for that matter to pose for the camera. So I take what I can get. I love her hat!



This is the official cat herding picture. We tried and tried to get them to sit on these steps together, but it just wasn't going to happen. =)


I love this photo. Lily gets so excited when Morgan comes running after her. She starts squealing in pure joy.


This is the only shot I could get of the two of them sort of looking my way. Morgan was obsessed with this fountain. He kept getting rocks and putting them in the water.
Of course Lily had to go investigate and see what he was up to. She is his devoted sidekick. I wonder how long that will last?

No comments: