Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swine Flu and the Heat Wave

Last Thursday right before the heat started to really pick up I got sick. It came on pretty quickly and I had a fever. I went to the Dr. on Monday and was tested for Swine Flu which came back negative! Thank goodness. I was actually a little worried since all my symptoms were the same as the flu. It has now moved down into my lungs and I am taking antibiotics. Needless to say its been a tough week battling a fevery virus, the extreme heat, serious fatigue due to being 8 months pregnant and trying to take care of an 11 month old who can walk reallllly well.

Our house is broiling as I am sure most are. Yesterday we were forced down to the basement for relief. Our little A/C unit in the bedroom just isn't enough for this type of heat. The good news is that being down in the basement is very cool and great motivation to clean it up and organize:)

Poor Morgan has been couped up not able to run around like usual so he's been a bit grumpy and I have resorted to Elmo videos for mild comforting of the boredom. Thank goodness for ELMO! Seriously.

No new pics right now, just too hot and pregnant to put any extra effort into anything but the necessities. Morgan's first Birthday is about a week away and I decided to only invite family to his Birthday party. Hopefully it will have cooled down by then because I don't want to bake in this heat.:)

I'll post more later when it's not 90 degrees in the house.

No comments: