Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Smarty Pants Wax

In case you missed it yesterday was Morgan's 10 month Birthday! This means in just 2 short months he will be one year. This also means in just 3 months and 2 short weeks he will have a baby sister. I have decided we are going to have a beach BBQ at Kayak Point for his birthday at one of the Picnic shelters on the beach. More to come on that.

Yesterday, I had Morgan in the living room playing while I was in the kitchen doing dishes and all of a sudden I heard the opening sounds of a movie starting. I went into the living room and found that Morgan had somehow got the X-Box controller and managed to scroll through our Netflix queue (which has 200 some movies in it)to his favorite movie, Elmo, and turned it on! I was shocked to say the least. That is some serious random luck perhaps even a little thought went into it; I am still unsure. I went and grabbed the camera and snapped a shot of him with the controller so that I would have some proof of this happening. ;)Literally when I came in he was sitting up holding the controller with both hands just like we would and was staring at the television.



Later that night he passed out cold with a bottle still in his grips, we took it away of course but I had to get a shot of this since it is rare he goes to sleep all on his own;) Plus, I love how his little legs are completely relaxed like that.



And now for the grand finale of news...

On Monday, one whole day shy of 10 months old, Morgan took his first steps all by himself! He went about 4 steps or so chasing his blanket I was dangling out in front of him=)I have read this could happen and then nothing again for months, BUT the very next day he did it again 3 more times and all 3 of these times you could tell he knew what he was trying to do! So, I expect my little pro-crawler is soon going to be graduating to pro-walker status in no time.


Phew! I am officially caught up on news now.

No comments: