Friday, June 5, 2009

Daddy's Boy

I absolutely HATE to admit this and it breaks my heart just a little but Morgan we believe has said his first word.

This afternoon he had just woken up from a nap and as I was holding him on the couch Steve was talking to him and telling him to wave to daddy. All of a sudden Morgan paused and said one thing "Daddy". It was clear it wasn't just babble he said it distinctively and all by itself.

My first reaction for some reason was to put my hand over his mouth;) Steve and I just sort of sat there stunned for a minute. I am of the opinion and strongly believe that Steve has been going in and whispering "Daddy" over and over again into Morgan's ear at night while he sleeps.

Everyday I work with Morgan to say "Mama" NOT "Daddy"!

All joking aside it was very cute and I am glad he loves his dad so much. He truly adores Steve. Each day when Steve gets home he is sooooo excited to see him. If Steve tries to leave the room he will start crying. It is very sweet. I have joked for months now that he is a daddy's boy but this really confirms it. =) It's not fair!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Take comfort in the fact that should your son end up on TV for whatever reason, he'll yell "Hi MOM"!!! No one yells "Hi Dad" lol

Waxing and Waning said...

LOL, ahhh Thank you for that! That is soo true. =)