Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's really March...

I feel like I have been in a coma the past two months and just woke up to realize it's March and my little newborn is a big 7 month old boy now. Part of this is from being incredibly sick all day and night with morning sickness. I now have a prescription from the Dr for anti-nausea meds so I have been feeling a bit better.

Our little boy is now a proud owner of one very tiny and razor sharp tooth on the bottom front right of his mouth. We are supposed to start brushing it everyday but we haven't started yet :(. I need to get a toothbrush for him and figure out what you use as toothpaste.

Making my own baby food is way easier than I thought and it is so much cheaper, plus you get the added benefit of knowing how it was made and what was added. He has now tried green beans, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. He didn't really like the beans until around day 4 but the Applesauce was a big hit! He ate that right up. All the new clothes we bought him a month ago are getting tight already. He seems to be getting really long, really quick. I blame Steve since I am only 5'4" and he is 6'1".

A couple weeks ago his Aunt Fred was brave enough to babysit him for a few hours which turned into 4.5 I think. He was pretty good but went from happy to sad quite a bit. He definitely knows he doesn't like it when both Mom and Dad leave which turns into crying fits. It was very hard to leave him. I think I had a harder time than him honestly. But the only way to get him to not freak out when leaving him places is to leave him places so those that are brave enough to endure a crying baby are welcome to babysit;)

I finally got out of bed and took some new photos of Morgan. Our friend Jeanette gave him a onesie for Christmas that I have been meaning to take a pic of him wearing because it is so cute. It shows his insides filled with random things like toys and candy.

In other news, today I put him in his bassinet and went to the kitchen for something and when I came back like 45 seconds later he was standing up leaning over the side! So, I can no longer leave him in there unattended which makes life a little more difficult. We really need to finish the upstairs remodel so he can have his real crib.


And now for the pictures!

Morgan 7 months

If you look closely in the balloon you can see Steve waving his arms around behind me...hehehe.
Morgan with red heart balloon

Mmmmm...Sweet Potatoes!



He definitely liked the sweet potatoes better than the green beans.



This was Steve's doing. We just bought him the coolest blocks that have really cool stuff inside of them. I think Steve and I like them more than he does right now;)



Here is the latest toy to overcrowd our tiny living room. It changes into a walker too that he can push. We are hoping this is the toy that gets him to walk:)

No comments: