Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This is my favorite shot from Thanksgiving so I had to post it first thing ;) Tracie please don't hate me!




Thanksgiving was a bunch of fun. Morgan did really good through the whole thing! There were lots of people to get attention from all day and I think he was in withdrawal for a couple days after. He got a little grumpy in the later evening but he was pretty tired. I didn't get a shot of him in his Thanksgiving outfit so I will add one later. Dinner was awesome one of the best as far as the vegetarian side goes. I made a Mushroom Barley Wild Rice stuffing which was delicious(tasted just like my grandma's except no giblets)and we had a vegetarian field roast which my mom called Road kill but it was really tasty. I heard the Turkey was good too.

Steve and I took a bunch of photos on our new little Nikon Coolpix so I made a new photo page on shutterfly.com to download them to since they are all point and shoot shots. Click the link and you can view the Thanksgiving 2008 photo album which has lots of funny shots like the one above of the fun we had. I am still adding to it so check back to it in the next couple days for more shots. I am super impressed with Shutterfly actually. It is a great way to share photos and make family updates at the same time I might just switch to that. Also, anyone can add photos to the photo albums on my site so if you want to share a shot you can. I am going to reserve my Flickr page for my nice cameras and keep the shutterfly.com page for family shots. I know it's getting confusing, right?!

I think my favorite part of our family tradition on Thanksgiving is at night. We always watch a movie and everyone spends the night. This year our upstairs is under construction so it was a giant slumber party in my living room. Every inch was covered in bedding, people, and dogs. A lot of the shots on shutterfly are of the preparation of the beds. Kevin brought a dollar store blow up air mattress thingy that you put in pools. He called it Brenda his blow up doll, I thought I was going to die laughing as they tried blowing it up. Anyway, I think the pictures tell the story. I really had a good time on Thanksgiving; I laughed a ton and got to spend it with my family. I feel very lucky.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

OH MY GOD! You didn't. OK you did, and it's funny! :)