Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Day after Thanksgiving!

Alright, yesterday was a lot of fun and I don't know where to start. I guess I should start by thanking my amazing husband for making Thanksgiving happen at all as well as my Mom, Fred, and Kathy. Due to my back injury I have had my pelvis/SI joint popped back into place twice this week(which is unbearably painful)by a therapist making it so I am unable to do barely any of the things I previously could like walking, Steve stepped up and took the lead in the kitchen though and did a great job. He also cleaned the whole house the night before and baked a Pumpkin Cheesecake as well as made some of the side dishes and appetizers ahead.

This year was a bit different for us; my Aunt and Uncles decided not to come. Steve and I love having Thanksgiving at our house and look forward to it every year so we invited Steve's Sister, her fiance Matt, Steve's Mom, and of course my Mom too. My brother, his wife, and my nephew came by in the evening and had dessert with us as well. It was a nice day filled with music, an adorable sleepy newborn, and a crazy energy filled toddling toddler toddling all over the house screaming, laughing, and talking everyones ear off, oh and occasionally throwing himself down on the ground banging his head in a fit. ;)

Our Thanksgiving dinner was ruled by vegetarians and the lactose intolerant this year which was awesome! My Mom still baked the traditional turkey and giblet stuffing for her and Steve's mom, but Steve's sister and fiance are vegetarian too which meant everything on the table was vegetarian and dairy-free except for my Mom's turkey and stuffing of course. And at the last minute Jamie and Tracie showed up with the infamous yummy Pistachio salad, so I guess there was one thing with dairy in it. It was a great meal and I am realizing perhaps next year we will make a more reasonalbe amount of food for the amount of guests. We could have easily fed twice the amount of people that were here and still had leftovers.

I started blogging for my friend's food blog called The Yum Diaries.com, so I took some pictures of our table setting and food, not as many as I had planned due to my back though, but enough to get the point across.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and now for the pictures...

Appetizers: Pickle Tray,Fig tapenade,Tofu dill Caper dip,Veggie Tray
Appetizers

My Table Setting
My Thanksgiving table

Our Dinner minus the sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and the soup.
Thanksgiving Spread

Aunt Fred, Morgan, Morwyn's Butt, and of course two Maltese and a Partridge in a Pear treeeeeee. :P
Aunt Fred and Morgan

Aunt Fred and Lily








Tracie and Jaiden made these yummy Turkeys







Fred vs. The Pecan Pie




Family Cuddle :)





TV ZOMBIIEEESS!






Matt and Fred


Steve's cheesecake

Steve's Dairy-free Pumpkin Cheesecake
Keep checking back for more photos, I am still adding them...

No comments: